"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes; For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."" Romans 1:16-17

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Indoor SUNYACS

























SUNYACS was pretty great this year. Last year we were under alot of pressure from being the cross country national champions and we were suffering alot of illness and injury, so the expectations were high and the performance output was sub par. This year after alot of the drama and miscommunication, we have gotten to the point with our new coach where things are moving in the direction that we want them to be and at the same time having the weight off our shoulders. We came into SUNYACs with the mindset to perform the way we know we can and not worrying about the outcome as much. I got to see alot of good performances from ourselves and from the opposing teams. Our conference is the best it ever has been and I hope to see it get better. This year many conference records and conference meet records went down. On that note, we came to the meet understanding our team has been somewhat caught up to at the level of performance we expect ourselves to be and the conference is now competetive... the way it should be! So, I am glad and the opprotunities that we have all been given so far this season are so gracious I must thank God for them.

2-3 years ago I was running at SUNY Delhi and knowing how hard it was to run a 4:30 mile since that was around my PR. I was graced with the performance at SUNYACs to come through the first mile of my 3k in 4:32. I was shocked coming through that mile and thinking how easy that felt. Granted it was fast and so I began to slow down. I did PR by 2 seconds though running a 8:40 which is about a 9:15 2 mile. This being indoors I am very interested as to see what kind of times I will run outdoors, God willing. Taking training into consideration and getting fast from that, I can see alot of fun stuff happening this outdoor season. But indoor is still going on right now and ECAC's is coming up this next weekend. I will try one more time to hit a qualifying standard for NCAA's in the 5k and my collegiate indoor track career will be over. Kind of sad but freeing!




No comments:

Post a Comment