"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes; For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."" Romans 1:16-17

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Syracuse Invitational

Results to the Syracuse Invite from today at Manley field house.


I ran the mile today! I havent ran the mile in a good 2 years since I was running for SUNY Delhi and so it was really nice to get ou there and throw down a nice PR. I ran 4:20.2 which is a 7 second PR. I did want to run faster than 4:16 mainly because that would mean I hit the provisional qualifying standard for NCAA's. But as Jerry Greenlaw once said, "it can't be christsmas every day." And so I take this time I ran as a nice way to say, "phew, I finally have a faster PR to match my fitness somewhat." I would still like to bring down my time under that 4:16 mark as my goal is to run a 4:14. But, if I dont get another chance to run another mile this season in a Cortland uniform, I am just glad I did it this one time. I enjoyed it, though it was really tough. I havent had to race a fast race like that in two years! I forgot what it felt like to feel so heavy and continue to force yourself to move that fast. But I am still just happy to have been given that opprotunity. I remember being a little 9th grader watching people run a 4:20 mile at the state championships and thinking I will never be able to do something like that... well now I can haha. Even just 2 years ago when I was at Delhi, I thought a 4:20 mile was hard! It is still hard no doubt but possibly now. I keep gettin closer and closer to that 4 minute mile that is a famous barrier which is recognizable by alot of people. I am so thankful to God for giving me these abilities so that I may enjoy them and where they have brought me! Next week is Boston Universities Valentine Invite, and so I am gearing up for a good 5k. The goal is to run a 14:35 and hopefully make it into NCAA's with that time. I have been doing alot of good workouts and my legs are a little beat up from them but this next week is somewhat of a down week to let them recover and reap the benefits from those workouts we have done. 14:35 is a 35 second lap for 25 laps. I have been hittin 35 second laps in practice like they are my business. I showed last year in a 3k pacing Seth that I can hit 35 second laps like its my job. Also, the last 3k I ran at Syracuse, I felt like 36 second laps are a piece of cake, so that with the workouts, I think I am set to at least hit Provo of 14:49. So if it be in God's will that I accomplish these goals may it be to His Glory, praising Him for the accomplishment!


No comments:

Post a Comment