"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes; For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."" Romans 1:16-17

Sunday, March 7, 2010

More Battle Wounds

On top of last weeks bruise to the thigh, I also sprained my ankle at ECAC's. I was feeling great and in control of my race and getting onto the straight away before we hit 800 meters, I stepped on the back of someones foot enough to turn my ankle. I hobbled a little bit to see if I could regain balance and continue running but all I could do was limp. I hobbled over to the inside of the track and just sat there holding my ankle as my coach, a meet official, and a trainer came over to me. My coach thought I had rehurt my achillis and I assured him this was not the case. I had just truned my ankle so hard I couldnt put much pressure on it. I felt really bad as the runners came around the next lap and Kyle and Matt Knott just looked down at me wondering what had happened to me. I didn't want them to see me like that because I wanted them to worry about themselves and their own race.

My Collegiate Indoor Career is now over(unless I find away to use my last bit of eligability next year). It had to end the way most of my careers have ended, with an injury and coming up shy of my goals. Like my senior year in highschool, my season ended with an injury a month before the season truly ended, or my last cross country season at SUNY Delhi ended about when it began with a stress fracture. I do have to say though, this time I am not as disappointed. Why? Most people would be crushed when they hurt themselves as they had one last shot to attempt qualifying for Nationals. One reason is, I have outdoor track still and so I really have more chances for that. The other reason is that I know I have gained more then I have ever deserved through God's Grace! I dont even deserve to be alive right now none the less deserve to go to a National Championship. I also have more then I could ask for in the saving blood of Jesus who is my Lord and Savior! So am I disappointed? Yes, who wouldnt be? But with this assurance and possesion, I have all I need, and to have gone to Nationals would have only been an bigger extension of the grace in which I already have!

No comments:

Post a Comment